Thursday, November 16, 2006

Jurassic Park


My first blog. I thought i could not write a blog myself. see at last i have come up with something i can. tell me..is this blog boring? is it too lengthy? or is it interesting??i took nearly 2 hrs to write this blog you know.The blog starts here...

Last Saturday I was reading Jurassic park, the book by Michael Crichton. It was 9.55 PM. I was listening to sun music on TV(!?!) and simultaneously reading the book. The author had explained lots of dinosaurs and their behaviors. It was really tough to remember the names of the species. It started with Corythosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Microceratops, Pentaceratops, Triceratops, Oviraptor – the egg thief, so on and the Velociraptor – the three toed, ferocious aniimal. Velociraptors as the book says, were cunning killers and pack hunters.

I was able to find lot of differences between the book and the ‘Jurassic park’ movie by Steven Spielberg. For example, Velociraptors were shown much larger in the movie than they were expected to be (some 3 feet tall). Even the children’s age were changed. In the book Tim was elder than Lex. Anyways the motive was to make the movie thrilling and so it was. It was very scary to learn the Raptors (Velociraptors) had very good collection of teeth and big curved claws 3.5 inch long. (Remember the one Dr.Grant had in the movie?)
Velociraptor's brain was relatively large in comparison to its body size. So, it is clear that they were intelligent (remember the way it surrounds and attacks Dr.Harding?)
It even ate large animals . Imagine how it would have been if we lived during dinosaur’s time or imagine if there was really a ‘Jurassic Park’. I clenched my stomach. Remember how its eyes will look like in the movie...oh terrific.

Scientists believe that velociraptors were bird like and some were able to fly. Oh my god, how the world would be if it flies OUT from Jurassic Park to the human world. Of course it would happen only if there is any real Jurassic Park which John built. But to my relief, scientists also believe that the raptors were secondarily flightless, like an ostrich. Thank god. It can’t fly across ocean to India. Good heaven. I am safe.

Of course, Tyrannosaurus rex (T-Rex) was larger than the Raptors. It might frighten people. Remember the one which crushed the cars in the movie. Scary jaws with some thing dripping from the teeth. Yuck! But I m really not scared of T-Rex at all :) – after all, it is very large and it cannot see me unless I move. I won’t do the mistake which Malcolm did. I can easily escape from them!

People who don’t like fiction will feel the book boring. Especially Sri(my friend who doesn’t like fiction at all)will never like this book. But, the book bored Gayu, my friend, to my surprise. She was the one who encouraged me to read ‘Eragon’ – a pure fiction.But ‘Jurassic Park’ gave me thrill.

I got frightened when the place came where the two kids were attacked by Raptors inside the kitchen. To the worst, sky started thundering and it was raining outside.

I was reading the part where the dino peeped through the kitchen window to see the kids – It’s prey.
I got scared. It was late and the surrounding was ‘pin drop’ silent. I switched off the TV. Don’t know why, I suddenly became alert with my ears wide open. The sofa on which I was sitting started jerking. Mom had already gone to bed. And nobody was there with me…
and then…and then.........

Through the window just near the sofa, I saw eyes. Two shining eyes. They were dinosaur’s .Oh no; I was almost able to smell the pungent distinct odour which raptors had.
(The smell was also used to define their territory, similar to the way dogs urinate on the lamp posts and where ever they go).
My god.

“Mommy, wake up. It has come. de-de-de-Dinosaurs have escaped from ju-ju-Jurassic Park and it has come right here”.I started stuttering. I woke up mommy and showed those two eyes that were staring back at me. But mommy was not able to see anything (may be she should be wearing her spectacle). Then I heard a soft ‘meow’ somewhere from outside along with a deafening thunder. ‘Oh baby, its nothing. Just a cat. Come on, be a big girl. Don’t get scared’. I was not convinced, but the cat’s ‘meow’ forced me to believe.

Next day when I told this to my brother, he started laughing. Don’t know why he always thinks I am a joker. And then he informed me that a carpenter was going to come home that day, to repair the broken sofa’s legs.

I came across an article which said, in Greek, "deinos" means "fearfully great" and "sauros" means "lizard." – Fearfully great lizards.
The author of the article had said his favorite dinosaur name as ‘Irritator’, because of annoyance!
I strongly support him that dinosaur is an ‘IRRITATOR’. Because it scared me friends!

okie..This happened last week.
Now I am back to normal with my routine. :)

But I still don’t understand how a small cat could have climbed to the window, which was in the third floor with out sunshades? Was it really a cat? …
I still keep thinking….

1 comment:

bomMAI said...

My First Blog.

Im really impressed by reading my own blog.

Its a bit lengthy..but its a nice one for me.